UTLC Global Engagement Updates
Call for Global Engagement Teaching Fellow
- The University Teaching & Learning Commons (UTLC) seeks a UNCG faculty member to serve as the Global Engagement Teaching Fellow for the 2015-16 academic year.
- This Teaching Fellow will work in coordination and collaboration with faculty and staff engaged in implementing UNCG’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
- Expectations for the Global Engagement Fellow include: recruiting and connecting with other faculty around teaching intercultural competencies; Leading a faculty cohort/ learning community with monthly meetings, providing periodic activity reports, and participating in UTLC events; Helping to plan UNCG’s Global Engagement Summer Institute 2016.
- For more information, please contact John Sopper at email@example.com.
- Click here to learn more.
Global Engagement Summer Institute, May 13-15, 2015, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Participants will gather for three days to learn from each other, discover campus resources, and develop course materials that actively engage students to think deeply about their relationships to other cultures.
- Summer Institute participants will also take the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) and learn how to use this methodology with students.
- Afternoon sessions are hands-on and focused toward individual development of courses, course redesigns, or creating learning objects for a Global Engagement toolkit.
- Space is limited and open to all UNCG faculty and staff.
- Lunch included.
- Sponsored by UTLC, IPC and other university departments
- Apply online now to reserve your spot.
Reposted from Campus Weekly