Starting on Wednesday November 12th, 2014, the UNCG Psychology Clinic will be open for walk-in mental health screenings for children. Caregivers who have concerns about a child’s behavioral or emotional wellbeing can complete screenings at a first come, first serve basis from 12-5pm on Wednesday November 12th, November 19th, or December 3rd. All therapists conducting screenings are supervised by licensed clinical psychologists who are faculty in the UNCG Department of Psychology.
About the Screening:
- Your child does not need to attend the screening
- Screenings last approximately 45 minutes
- Caregivers complete paperwork and a brief questionnaire about their child’s behavior
- Caregivers briefly discuss concerns and child’s history with a therapist
- Therapists provide information about available services, if needed
- Therapy/Counseling (Group and/or Individual)
- Psychological Assessment
- Cognitive/Educational Assessment
- Fee structure (Financial assistance available for qualified individuals)
If you are interested in completing a screening, but are unavailable during Walk-In Wednesday times, please call our clinic secretary to schedule a free screening on another day of the week. The clinic is open daily from 8:30 am to 8pm (7pm Fri).
For information, call (336) 334-5662 or visit http://psy.uncg.edu/