UNCG Faculty/Staff: MacJannet Prize Call for Nominations
The MacJannet Prize was established by the Talloires Network and the MacJannet Foundation to recognize exceptional student community engagement initiatives at Talloires Network member universities and contributes financially to their ongoing public service efforts.
The seventh annual MacJannet Prize will recognize exceptional student civic engagement initiatives based in Talloires Network member universities around the world and contribute financially to their ongoing public service efforts.
We invite UNCG faculty and staff to consider nominating a student civic engagement initiative at UNCG for this award!
Nominations are due January 23, 2015
Access the Nomination form here!
Nominations will be judged on the following selection criteria:
- Student Leadership
- Are students able to work independently, with support from faculty and staff? Are their ideas and contributions valued in the project design? Do they carry out a significant portion of the work?
- University Support
- Has the university demonstrated commitment to promoting active citizenship and civic engagement? Has the university supported this program, either financially, in kind, or through policy and recognition of its value?
- Community Partnership and Involvement
- Do the university program coordinators consult the community in program design? Do the aims of the program meet community needs? Are community members able to contribute to the program?
- Demonstrated Positive Impact on the Community
- To what extent has this program positively affected the community? How many community members have benefited, and to what degree?
- Demonstrated Positive Impact on the Participating Students
- Has this program contributed to building civic values and skills for students? Has the program impacted students’ choices about career path or future involvement in community outreach activities?
- How will the program find the needed resources to continue running into the future? What policies or mechanisms support the ongoing success of the program? Are communities engaged in sustaining the program for the long-term?
E-mail email@example.com with questions.
About the Sponsors
The Talloires Network is an international association of universities working together to strengthen the civic roles and social responsibilities of higher education. The MacJannet Foundation is committed to building a community of global citizens.
View the Original Flyer here.