The Globe and the Cosmos, at UNCG
The “Globe and the Cosmos” series at UNCG, envisioned by Dr. Peter Alexander with the help of Dr. Timothy Johnston and Dr. Jerry Pubantz, will celebrate William Shakespeare and Galileo Galilei. Shakespeare and Galileo were both born 450 years ago, and their work will be highlighted during these events over the coming weeks:
- Shakespeare Re-imagined: “Coriolanus” (Ralph Fiennes, 2011) – Sept.10, 7:30 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- “Twelfth Night” – School of Music, Theatre and Dance – Oct. 2-9
- Southeastern Renaissance Conference – College of Arts & Sciences – Oct. 3-4, an exhibition of UNCG’s rare Renaissance holdings will be on view in Jackson Library’s Hodges Reading Room.
- University Symphony Orchestra performance – “Shakespeare: East and West” – Oct. 5, 3:30 p.m., Aycock Auditorium
- Shakespeare Re-imagined: “O” (Tim Blake Nelson, 2001) – Oct. 15, 7:30 p.m., EUC Auditorium
- “My Dear Othello”- Theatre Gigante – School of Music, Theatre and Dance – Oct. 16-18
- Renaissance Keyboard Recital – School of Music, Theatre and Dance – Oct. 19, 3:30 p.m., Music Building Organ Hall
- Lloyd Faculty Panel – Lloyd International Honors College – Oct. 23, 3 p.m., Virginia Dare Room, Alumni House
Click here to learn more about the series.