On Wednesday, January 21, 2015, from 9 am-11:30 am, the National Issues Forums Institute will stream the event live from the National Press Club. UNCG’s Office of Leadership and Service-Learning (OLSL) will stream this broadcast in Room 169 of the Stone Building (note the location change).
Organized by the National Issues Forums Institute, the American Commonwealth Partnership at Augsburg College, and the Kettering Foundation, this conversation responds to concerns voiced by thousands of citizens in more than 160 local forums in which participants deliberated on the future of higher education. Cosponsoring organizations include the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the American Democracy Project, Campus Compact, Imagining America, and others.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Jamie Studley, Deputy Under Secretary of Education
- Nancy Cantor, Chancellor, Rutgers University-Newark
- David Mathews, President, Kettering Foundation
- Harry Boyte, Senior Scholar in Public Philosophy, Augsburg College
- William Muse, President, National Issues Forums Institute
- Other distinguished leaders from policymaking institutions, business, and civic and community groups
This event will connect to OLSL’s spring speaker series, in which Harry Boyte will address democratic engagement, higher education and the changing world of work at UNCG on Wednesday, March 25th.
For more information, please visit: https://www.nifi.org/
Join us for all of part of this live broadcast and national conversation on Wednesday from 9 am – 11:30 in Stone 186.
For more information, contact Kristin Moretto at email@example.com