The AcadeMAKE Conference: Makerspaces on Campuses
The first conference of AcadeMAKE is a collaborative effort – a team consisting of UNCG School of Education (SOE) staff and UNCG Libraries staff – and is supported by a State of North Carolina LSTA grant. The first 50 people who sign up will get a FREE parking pass!
Call for Proposals
We encourage people from any field to submit proposals on any topic related to academic making, especially those in libraries but not limited to that area. Academic, public, school, and special librarians, teachers in K-12, academic faculty, and local makers are all encouraged to submit proposals. We also hope to have an experimental “play room” area for some hands-on fun in the new School of Education at UNCG’s makerspace.
- Poster sessions/show n’ tell — (1 hour 15 min time slot)
- These sessions are smaller and more informal. Participants have a table space to do whatever they wish – a poster, a computer, devices… things! Attendees will walk around to tables to chat, ask questions or listen to a short demo
- Lightning Round session — (1 hour session // max 10 minutes each person)
- This session will allow people who want to share ideas, concepts, examples or research for only 5-10 minutes. Max 3 slides allowed, presenters will go in a lightening time, one after the next with Q&A at end.
- Research Talks or Panel — (45 minutes)
- These 45 minutes sessions allow presenters to share more detailed work on the topic of making. These could be research based session by academic departments or a panel of people covering similar topics for example.
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, November 21, 2014
Reposted from AcadeMAKE.wordpress.com