ICEE Seeking Graduate Assistant
The Institute for Community and Economic Engagement is announcing a NEW opportunity for graduate students!
For best consideration, please apply by end of day, Thursday, May 31, 2018.
|Position Title:||Graduate Assistant|
|Office:||Institute for Community & Economic Engagement
Reports to ICEE Assistant Director
|Hours Per Week:||20|
$6000/semester (fall and spring)
Tuition assistance is not provided by ICEE. Students are encouraged to contact their academic departments to request this.
|Date of Assignment:||Fall 2018 through Spring 2019 (academic year)|
The UNCG Institute for Community and Economic Engagement (ICEE) is looking for a graduate student to provide administrative support. ICEE staff (director and assistant director) will work closely with the Graduate Assistant to develop projects that align with her/his interests and skills, and which address the evolving needs of ICEE and ongoing collection of community engagement/public service data. This position is ideally situated for students who are interested in pursuing careers in community-university engagement, as well as paths that require the experience working with institutional data sets, program development, and public communication.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES This position assists in the daily administrative work of the Institute for Community and Economic Engagement.
Data Management and Reporting
- Assist with collection and recording of community engagement and public service work among various departments and faculty at UNCG using Collaboratory and other data collection systems.
ICEE Website and Communications
- Assist with maintenance of ICEE’s website, http://communityengagement.uncg.edu
- Solicit, as well as author and publish (electronically) stories of student/faculty/ community teams involvement in engaged scholarship
- Write interesting, informative, and accurate posts for ICEE’s social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter)
- Develop content for ICEE’s monthly faculty/staff e-newsletter and quarterly community e-newsletter
- Support management of phone and email inquiries from community members/organizations in a professional and timely manner
- Connect community members/organizations with appropriate UNCG institutional units and document conversations electronically
Administrative & Event Management Support
- Coordinate conference calls, meetings, etc.
- General office management: Filing, mailing, photocopying, etc.
- Note-taking, transcription, documentation, photography at meetings, events, conference calls
- Planning for various events (manage invitations and marketing, room reservations and catering, note-taking, etc.)
Desired Qualifications: Full-time, UNCG graduate student who is self-motivated, organized, and works independently, and who has:
- Experience coordinating events to support speaker series, CES scholars gathering, etc.
- knowledge of UNCG and the community and organizational skills in order to respond to the referral desk
- Some experience and proficiency with qualitative and quantitative research, evaluation, or big data
- Some experience and proficiency with marketing and publications, including design software programs, specifically Adobe InDesign, illustrator, WordPress and Photoshop
- Ability to write, produce reports, and present information clearly and effectively
Job Open Date: Monday, May 14, 2018
Job Close Date: Open until filled
Proposed Hire Date: Begin work August 7, 2018
Emily Janke, Director
Institute for Community & Economic Engagement
Application Procedure: To apply, e-mail a letter of interest explaining why you are qualified for this position, accompanied by a resumé and the contact information of two references, to email@example.com.