Dr. Tanya Coakley Receives the HHS Community Engaged Scholarship Award
Congratulation to Dr. Tanya Coakley (SWK) for receiving the HHS Community Engaged Scholarship Award!
This award recognizes and rewards faculty who demonstrate excellence in scholarly engagement with community partners.
- Involved in community engaged scholarship for the past 15 years
- Has NIH funded project on fathers and sons and sexual decision-making
- Conducts research in the African-American barbershop community
- Organizes a Fatherhood Conference
- Mentors junior researchers, particularly women of color
Image and details from https://www.uncg.edu/hhs/awards/hhs-faculty-staff-excellence-awards/2018-awards.php
awards, community engagement, community-based research, health and human sciences, UNCG