Community-Engaged Art & Design Think Tank Meeting
Photo Caption: A graphic design piece by Think Tanker Kristine Guhne that combines several think tank ideas in one.
The Department of Interior Architecture, Department of Art, and the Lloyd International Honors College invite you to participate in a THINK TANK meeting on Tuesday, November 4, 2-3pm, in the Third Floor Studio of the Gatewood Building (527 Highland Ave.) at UNCG.
For more information about the Think Tank, see: http://honorscollege.
These students are coming up with ideas for engaging several communities through ART + DESIGN, and WE NEED YOUR INPUT. Come learn about the Think Tank students’ experiences thus far this semester, and contribute to a discussion including these students, other UNCG faculty, and a special guest, Ryan Saunders of Create Your City.
The Think Tank is still strategizing how/where/when to engage the community through design, and we’ve spent the fall semester doing a lot of brainstorming and case study research. Some of the things we’ve talked about as a Think Tank include:
- Using graphic design + signage to build awareness around particular issues
- Designing community gardens to address food insecurity
- Addressing literacy through the design of little free libraries
- Using public art to connect UNCG + surrounding communities
- Engaging school kids through art + design projects
- Developing a mobile cart or trailer for guerilla gardening
Want to get involved in community-engaged art + design and help shape the work of this Think Tank? Stop by Tuesday afternoon. Bring a friend!
For more information, contact Travis Hicks at email@example.com