Presentation proposals are currently being accepted for the 18th Annual Continuums of Service Conference (COS), “Seeking Solutions to Complex Challenges Through Inquiry and Engagement”, to be held April 8 - 10, 2015 in Long Beach, California.
The 2015 Annual Continuums of Service Conference brings together civic engagement and service-learning administrators, faculty, students, and community partners to focus on the critical processes of inquiry and engagement in shaping how higher education and communities identify and respond to the complexities of the 21st century. For example, we cannot find solutions to complicated issues such as poverty without also examining educational inequity, racism, and economic development. We cannot improve environmental sustainability without considering the economic challenges of businesses as well as local, state, national, and global policies. We cannot prepare students to be global leaders without building their civic and cross-cultural competencies. What role does or should higher education play in helping to recognize priorities, bring people together, and envision solutions?
Specifically, the Continuums of Service Conference seeks to:
- Provide a warm, welcoming, and intellectually stimulating conference experience for service-learning and civic engagement professionals at all levels of experience, from novice to advanced.
- Provide opportunities for administrators, faculty, and their campus and community partners to share, discuss, learn about and advance civic engagement and civic learning knowledge, best practices and research.
- Showcase and promote innovative and cutting edge civic engagement programs, research, and initiatives from throughout the western region.
- Honor place-based relevancy, local culture and leadership.
- Create a strong western region network of practitioners to build and strengthen connections and collaboration among civic engagement and service-learning colleagues.
Please visit the COS website for detailed proposal submission instructions and complete Continuums of Service Conference information.
Proposals must be submitted by: 5:00pm PDT on Monday, October 13th, 2014