Call for Nominations Opens – NC Campus Compact Student Awards
NC Campus Compact annual awards recognize the outstanding civic engagement work being carried out by various constituents on its member campuses (and UNCG is a member!).
John H. Barnhill Civic Trailblazer Award
Created in 2011, the John H. Barnhill Civic Trailblazer Award, is awarded annually to a student at a NC Campus Compact member institution who, like Mr. Barnhill, demonstrates innovation in civic engagement, creating foundations that expand partnerships amongst communities, campuses, and individuals.
– Current student at an NC Campus Compact member institutions in their final year
– Can be current nominees or former winners of the Community Impact Student Award
– Only one nominee from each member campus per year
– Both nominators and nominees must be in attendance during the Student Conference to receive the award
– Campuses are encouraged to have a special awards presentation on their campus
Community Impact Student Award
The Community Impact Student Award recognizes one student per member institution who exhibits outstanding leadership and innovative approaches in their civic engagement efforts. Nominees must be full-time undergraduate students.
– An innovative approach to starting or enhancing campus efforts to address community issues and needs
– Diverse forms of engagement such as service, service-learning, policy work, advocacy, community building, leadership positions, internships, etc.
– Clear demonstration of leadership skills and the ability to lead and inspire other students and/or members of the community
– Proof of sustainability through efforts to build their work into the institution’s structure
– Tangible evidence of impact on campus and/or community (i.e. amount of money raised, amount of in-kind donations, number of residents in community who benefited by this project, number of student volunteers recruited, etc.)