2014-2015 HHS Community-Engaged Scholarship Award
Nominate an HHS faculty member for the HHS Community Engaged Scholarship Award!
The HHS Community Engaged Scholarship Award recognizes and rewards a member of the faculty in HHS who demonstrates excellence in scholarly engagement with a community partner. Community engagement that benefits the University and a community partner, while demonstrating a clear connection to departmental, school or university mission is the focus of this award.
All faculty in HHS are eligible for this award. The award may be given to an individual faculty member or to a group of faculty who are working together. Recipient(s) will receive a commemorative plaque and book on engaged scholarship.
Nominations are due March 30, 2015.
- Project’s centrality to the mission of the department, school, university and community partner of the engaged scholarship
- Contribution of the engaged scholarship to the community organization.
- Contribution of the engaged scholarship to the department/school/university.
Nominations materials should include:
- Brief CV highlighting elements of community-engaged scholarship, including major accomplishments of project(s), scholarship publications and presentations, etc.
- 1-2 page summary of engaged work including:
- Brief description of engaged project(s), including partners and scope
- Description of the role of the nominee.
- Relationship of project(s) to department/school/university mission
- Major accomplishments (if not covered in the CV, above)—these can be bulleted and should include how the project(s) enhanced the community, informed students, impacted the broader scholarly community.
- Awards, recognition for community engagement.