Benefits of Collaboratory for Faculty and Academic Institutions
- Tell your story. Tell you who is doing what, where, with whom and for what purpose: sponsored research, student involvement, public events, length and focus of partnerships, and more.
- Improve collaboration. Promote greater interdisciplinary collaboration and coherence.
- Leverage your research for funding. Leverage the knowledge and expertise of faculty to increase funding, resources, and support.
- Assist with reporting. Illustrate the role of faculty, staff, students, Centers/Institutes, and initiatives in community-engaged work in order to evaluate and internally recognize community engaged activities.
- Tell the institution’s story. Build a comprehensive story about UNCG’s community engagement (e.g., community-engaged research, curricular and co-curricular programs, outreach, partnerships),
- Improve institutional community-university collaboration. Identify opportunities to create synergy and foster collaboration around our communities’ most pressing issues moving from individual to collective practices rooted in community-identified priorities and strengths,
- Enhance the institution’s talent. Attract and recruit community-engaged students and faculty,
- Strengthen the institutional profile. Support avenues to honors and recognition like the Carnegie classification by showing the pervasiveness and depth of our engagement, and
- Attract funding for the institution. Support fundraising and development efforts that align with UNCG’s mission and vision.