Many people know UNC Greensboro as a place to take classes or attend cultural events, athletics, and lectures – but UNC Greensboro offers much more than that. As an anchor institution in Greensboro, we are committed to working together with fellow members of our community to strengthen our individual knowledge and common purpose – making a meaningful impact on the community as a whole. Making a difference can be hard, but finding a partner doesn’t have to be.
What is the UNC Greensboro Referral Desk?
The Referral Desk, hosted by the Institute for Community and Economic Engagement (ICEE), is a user-friendly point of entry to UNC Greensboro for local community members and organizations. The Referral Desk is also available to members of UNC Greensboro who are interested in working with the community or connecting with faculty in other disciplines as part of their teaching or research.
How does it work?
UNC Greensboro is committed to providing personalized attention to community inquiries and requests, as well as excellent and clear communication about the ways in which individuals, groups, organizations, and sectors connect to UNC Greensboro’s faculty, staff, and students (and vice versa!).
The Referral Desk can be reached during business hours (M-F, 8:00-5:00) through both telephone and email:
336.256.0461. A staff member will respond to your inquiry within 48 business hours.
UNC Greensboro Resource Directory
ICEE has created an online directory of publicly accessible resources at UNC Greensboro, which is available below. The directory speaks to members of the UNC Greensboro and greater community in lay terms – helping them to learn about and access the different types of connections they can make within and beyond the University. The directory shares resources and services across eight categories:
- Academic Engagement –This page includes information about internships, living-learning communities and other high impact practices. You might be interested in these resources if you’re an organization that believes it can provide a positive educational experience for students
- Clinics, Camps, and Services–This page lists the numerous UNC Greensboro-sponsored camps, clinics, and services available to community members. Find registration information, dates, and points of contact.
- Collaboratory–This page shares about Collaboratory, a publicly searchable, online database that shares an institutional story about who, what, where, with whom, and to what ends community-university partners are working towards community-identified priorities for shared learning and mutual benefits. You’ll also find a video to with a brief description of how Collaboratory connect community-university partners.
- Economic and Social Innovation–This page includes a list of offices that assist community members, students, and faculty to identify courses, events, services, and programs that support economic and social innovation
- Community Service
- Research and Evaluation
Here are some additional contact numbers for offices on UNCG’s campus:
Do you have other general questions about UNCG? Here are some important contacts:
- University Switchboard: 336-334-5000
- Cashier: 336-334-5831
- Financial Aid: 336-334-5702
- Graduate Admissions: 336-334-5596
- Career Services: (336) 334-5454
- Housing and Residence Life: 336-334-5636
- Registrar: 336-334-5946
- Undergraduate Admissions: 336-334-5243
- Vendors: 336.334.5197
Looking for the Nonprofit Evaluation Support Program?
The UNC Greensboro Referral Desk serves as the intake mechanism for nonprofit organizations inquiring about the Nonprofit Evaluation Support Program (NESP). Interested organizations may call the Referral Desk and share more information about their request, which will be forwarded onto NESP staff members if appropriate.