- Ahmed, S. M., & Palermo, A. S. (2010). Community engagement in research: Frameworks for education and peer review. American Journal of Public Health, 100(8), 1380-1387.
- Rubin, V. (2000). Evaluating university-community partnerships: An examination of the evolution of questions and approaches. Cityscape: A Journal of Policy Development and Research, 5(1), 219-230.
- Hess, G., Blank, G., Clayton, P., Connors, J., Ramsey, J., Reis, K., Snow, C., Steelman, T., & Wallace, J. (2011). Perspectives on partnership evolution: From passionate people to committed organizations. In L. Harter, J. Hamel-Lambert, & J. Millesen (Eds.), Participatory partnerships for social action and research (pp. 349-376). Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
- Israel, B. A., Schulz, A. J., Parker, E. A., & Becker, A.B. (1998). Review of community-based research: Assessing partnership approaches to improve public health. Annual Review of Public Health, 19, 173-202.
- Jacoby, B. (2015). Service-learning essentials: Questions, answers, and lessons learned. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Janke, E. M., & Colbeck, C. L. (2008). An exploration of the influence of public scholarship on faculty work. Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement 12(1), 31-46.
- Partnership Perspectives – CCPH’s journal is published in an open-access, online format to promote greater understanding of critical issues affecting health-promoting community-campus partnerships and to raise the visibility of the wonderful work that CCPH members are doing.
- The Promise of Partnerships – This guide for community partners includes benchmarks for evaluating partnerships and worksheets for calculating costs and benefits.
- Van de Ven, Andrew H. (2007). Engaged scholarship: A guide for organizational and social research. Oxford University Press.