LEAP is a collaboration between UNCG, Cone Health, and Guilford Health Department, with support from Guilford County Schools, Greensboro Parks and Rec, and Ready for School Ready for Life. The purpose of the effort is to identify common goals and measures that existing program providers and residents can use to inform their health and wellness efforts. LEAP is bringing together multiple stakeholders across the county to collectively determine these goals and measures through various meetings. Learn more…
To improve health by working toward a greater understanding of eating and physical activity practices in Guilford County.
Through coordination and communication of information and research, be a leading and trusted resource for Guilford County communities to improve lifetime eating and physical activity.
- Create space for and encourage community and academic partnerships to better understand the Guilford County data landscape, including challenges and priorities related to healthy eating and physical activity.
- Coordinate current data on eating and physical activity
- Advocate for eating and physical activity data that are informed by Guilford County community voices and priorities
We are excited to announce the availability of the LEAP Executive Summary and the full LEAP Progress Report: Draft for Public Comments.
The Executive Summary is a brief document that provides the highlights of our efforts to collaboratively identify priority focus areas and recommendations related to common indicators and measures for health eating and activity in Greensboro and Guilford County.
The Full Report goes into greater detail about the research and findings, covering these sections:
- Introduction to LEAP
- Navigating the Data Landscape for Eating and Physical Activity Practices
- LEAP’s Process for Engaging Communities
- Indicator Focus Areas
- Recommendations and Next Steps
Please provide public comment here for both documents.
Multiple nonprofits, city and county departments, and health organizations contribute to the LEAP initiatives, which is led by a core research team including Kathy Colville, Kathleen Edwards, Lauren Haldeman, Michael Hemphill, Jake Hochrein, Emily Janke, Marianne LeGreco, Michelle Gill-Moffat, and Mark Smith.
Read about the LEAP Summit that occurred May 2018 and ongoing work through this news feature!