- Civic Health and the Economy: Making the Connection (2013 Issue Brief) National Conference on Citizenship (NCOC)
- Collective Impact Forum: created and supported by FSG and the Aspen Institute Forum for Community Solutions, the Collective Impact Forum is a resource for people and organizations using the collective impact approach to address large-scale social and environmental problems.
- The Democracy Collaborative: through our cutting edge research and our many diverse programs, The Democracy Collaborative works to carry out a vision of a new economic system where shared ownership and control creates more equitable and inclusive outcomes, fosters ecological sustainability, and promotes flourishing democratic and community life.
- Educating for Community Change: Higher Education’s Proposed Role in Community Transformation through the Federal Promise Neighborhood Policy, by Elizabeth Hudson, Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, Volume 17, Number 3, p. 109, (2013)
- Engaged Learning Economies: Aligning Civic Engagement and Economic Development in Community-Campus Partnerships (Campus Compact White Paper). By Drs. Amanda Wittman, and Terah Crews (2012)
- Growing an economy that works for all: A 21st century approach to economic development in North Carolina. By Allan Freyer, Policy Analyst, Budget and Tax Center, NC Justice Center (October 2013)
- Shifting philanthropy from charity to justice. By Dorian O. Burton and Brian C.B. Barnes. Stanford Social Innovation Review. (2017)
- Strengthening local capacity for Data-driven decision making. By G. Thomas Kingsley, Kathryn L.S. Pettit, and Leah Hendey (June 2013)
- Opportunity and Purpose: Outreach’s Changing Mission – Remarks by E. Gordon Gee, president of The Ohio State University at the National Outreach Scholarship Conference, Monday, September 28, 2009. Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, Volume 14, Number 3, p. 5, (2010)
Social Return on Investment (SROI) Resources
- A guide to Social Return on Investment (January 2012) SROI Network
- The New Civic Infrastructure: The “How To” of Collective Impact and Getting a Better Social Return on Investment. By Jeff Edmondson, Strive Network and Nancy L. Zimpher, State University of New York. Community Investments, Volume 24, Number 2 (Summer 2012)
- SROI definition (The SROI Network, Intl)
- SROI Myths and Challenges, SROI Network
- Social Return on Investment (The American Public Human Services Association Innovation Center Issue Brief) (May 2013)
- Social Return on Investment (SROI): Exploring Aspects of Value Creation – excerpt from a Roberts Foundation publication (January 2001) by Jed Emerson, Jay Wachowicz, Suzi Chun
Social Entrepreneurship Resources
*This library was compiled by North Carolina Campus Compact in preparation for the 2014 Civic Engagement Institute.