Community-Higher Education Partnerships
Equitable, authentic, and flourishing relationships require intentionality, and community-higher education partnerships are no exception. ICEE has produced scholarship exploring several aspects of community-higher education partnerships including reciprocity, identity development, tensions, conflict, and healing. The publications below focus on these research areas.
Interpersonal, Intergroup, and Intra-organizational, and Cross-sector Partnership
- Janke, E. M. & Clayton, P. H. (2015). Transitioning toward partnership impact – Transitioning through partnership approaches. IUPUI Center for Service and Learning Newsletter(4)3. Invited essay. Indianapolis, IN.
- Dostilio, L. D., Harrison, B., Brackmann, S. M., Kliewer, B. W., Edwards, K. E., & Clayton, P. H. (2012). Reciprocity: Saying what we mean and meaning what we say. Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning, 19(1), 17-32.
- Janke, E. M. (2012). Organizational partnerships in service learning: Advancing theory-based research. In P. H. Clayton, R. G. Bringle, and J. A. Hatcher (Eds.) Research and Service Learning: Conceptual Frameworks and Assessment (Chapter 6.3). Sterling, VA: Stylus.
Partnership Identity Development Within Teams
- Janke, E. M. (2009). Defining characteristics of partnership identity in faculty-community partnerships. In. B. Moely, S. Billig, & B. Holland (Eds.). Creating our identities in service-learning and community engagement. (pp. 75-101). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Tensions, Conflict, and Healing
- Hemphill, M., & Janke, E. M. (2017). [Grant funded research]. Restorative justice practices in sport-based youth development programs. Funded by the School of Health and Human Services and the UNCG Faculty First Grant.
- Riemer, L., Schmitz, C., Janke, E., Askerov, A., Strahl, B., & Matyók, T. (2015). Transformative Change. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Dumlao, R., & Janke, E. M. (2012). Relational dialectics: Understanding and managing challenging dynamics in campus-community partnerships. Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, 16(2): 79-103.