Assessment & Evaluation
NEW Building Your Community Asset Map Using ArcGIS Online. Based upon interest expressed from the PFS Sites, a training manual was developed for assisting communities in building an online asset map using free ArcGIS software. This step-by-step guide provides background on asset mapping, how to create a map online, the kinds of information that should be included, resources for adding data layers, and images depicting each step of building the map. You may download the Training Manual and Excel Tool.
- Assessing Current Activities (in Strategies for Creating an Engaged Campus: An Advanced Service-Learning Toolkit for Academic Leaders). Synthesized by Campus Compact.
- Assessing Service-Learning & Civic Engagement: Principles and Techniques. Gelmon, Holland, Driscoll, Spring, Kerrigan. (2001) Campus Compact.
- A broad overview of issues related to assessment in higher education, with specific application for measuring the impact of service-learning and civic engagement initiatives on students, faculty, the institution, and the community.
- Building Capacity for Community Engagement: Institutional Self-Assessment. Gelmon SB, Seifer SD, Kauper-Brown J and Mikkelsen M. (2005) Seattle, WA: Community-Campus Partnerships for Health.
- Designed to assess the capacity of a given higher educational institution (or unit therein) for community engagement and community-engaged scholarship, and to identify opportunities for action. This serves as a baseline for follow-up assessments, enabling institutions to track their progress and focus their work, while simultaneously enabling them to develop a longitudinal profile of their developing capacity for community engagement and community-engaged scholarship over time.
- Measuring and Counting Civic Engagement (in Strategies for Creating an Engaged Campus: An Advanced Service-Learning Toolkit for Academic Leaders). Synthesized by Campus Compact.